How to Schedule A Patient Appointment
Physicians may schedule appointments for their patients
by following these procedures:
- Determine what type of scan the patient needs.
- Complete a Referral Form (684K
- In some cases, it is necessary to obtain a "pre-certification" from
the patient's insurance company prior to getting a scan.
We will be happy to obtain this for you whenever possible.
Please understand that some insurance companies will not
knowingly permit anyone other than the referring physicians
office to obtain this. However, this is universal for all
imaging centers. In most cases, it is best to call us and
let us guide you through the process.
(Please see the insurances accepted for
a complete listing of insurance companies that currently
do not permit outpatient imaging centers to "pre-cert.")
- Call and schedule the appointment while the patient is still in your
office, when possible. If this is not possible, we will
be happy to follow up with the patient at a later time
to get him or her scheduled.
Also, if the patient is in need of transportation to our
facility, please notify us at this time and we will be
happy to make those arrangements at no charge to you or
- Fax the referral and any necessary insurance information to the appropriate
- Give the patient a copy of the referral form and a brochure which
contains detailed directions to our center, as well as